Arrowroot Powder aka Koovappodi കൂവപ്പൊടി – 500gms
- Arrowroot powder is extracted in simpler, more traditional methods, without the use of high heat or harsh chemicals. It’s simply a white, powdery starch that’s naturally gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo-friendly.
- Arrowroot powder is widely used now as people are looking for substitutes and alternatives to cornstarch, either due to corn allergies and sensitivities. Arrowroot powder is a great thickener and easy to replace cornstarch.
- It can also be used in baking, roasting and frying. If you want to make your dish crispy and crunchy go for this powder to make them crispier.
- Arrowroot contains a good amount of potassium, iron and B vitamins, which is great for metabolism, circulation and heart health. Arrowroot can stimulate immune cells and boost the immune system.
- Arrowroot aids digestion and regulates the bowel movement. Arrowroot starch is also considered an effective remedy for diarrhoea and a lot of other gastrointestinal ailments.
1. Arrowroot powder has its ability to mix well with a wide range of food ingredients. In addition to its culinary uses, it offers several health benefits.
2. Arrowroot aids digestion and regulates the bowel movement. Arrowroot starch is also considered an effective remedy for diarrhoea and a lot of other gastrointestinal ailments.
3. Arrowroot is fat free and low in calories. This makes it beneficial for weight loss.
4. Arrowroot is an excellent source of potassium, which is an important component of cell and body fluids that help regulate the heart rate and blood pressure.
5. Arrowroot powder is light, soft and absorbent. It is used in making powders. When applied topically, it helps dry blemishes and treats rashes and other wounds.
6. It has a great healing quality. It is used as a nourishment and for treating of sun burns.
In fact arrowroot is rich in protein, minerals, vitamins and calories.