Bamboo rice aka Mulayari / Moongil Arisi – Natural Savory for Whole Family Health
- Bamboo rice is special rice that is grown out of a dying bamboo shoot. When the bamboo shoot breathes its last, it flowers into a rare variety of rice seeds, which are known as bamboo rice.
- Harvesting and collecting this rice is their source of income as well as their daily food intake. Once dried, the mulayari is then stored in to the prepared surface and gathered to be consumed.
- Bamboo rice is more like wheat. Slightly sweet in taste and generally cooked like other rice. The main difference lies in texture when cooked which is mostly moist and sticky.
- This rice can be consumed with normal dal and other Indian curries. This is rich in various nutrients including carbohydrates, fibre and protein.
- This is one of the healthier option for diabetics and it has immense calcium and phosphorus content. Reduces sugar level notably once you consume for a week.
More about Moongil Arisi..
1. Rich in antioxidants that reduces visible signs of ageing and calcium content is enormous.
2. It has ability to reduce joint pains and diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and swelling from wounds.
3. Reduces sugar level notably once you consume for a week.
4. Adds beautiful colour, unique flavour and unique colour and gives a exotic touch to plate presentation.
STOVETOP: Bring 1½ qts Water to boil. Stir in 2 lbs Moongil arisi, reduce heat and simmer covered for 12 mins.
STEAMER: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¼ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs Mulayari. Steam uncovered for 20 mins. Rest covered for 5 mins before serving.